Last updated on
Submission and collecting of documents is only possible 8.30 am -9.30 am and 11.30 am - 12.30 pm at the following address:
Embassy of Belgium
Courtleigh Corporate Center – 8th floor
St Lucia avenue 6
SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
- All documents should be sent with a letter bearing your name, surname and your contact information (do not forget to include your e-mail address). The letter should clearly state the reason for which the documents are sent (visa application, nationality…). If a payment has been made, the proof of payment should be sent along with the documents.
- We recommend sending your documents by courier service (DHL, Fedex, etc.) as the postal services will take very long (a registered letter can take up to 8 weeks to arrive ).
- Your may confirm the delivery of your documents on the website of your courier service. The Embassy will acknowledge receipt of your documents as soon as your package is in treatment. Please submit your email address in order for us to do so.
RETRIEVING YOUR DOCUMENTS
- The Embassy is not responsible for making arrangements for the return of your documents. We recommend submitting a prepaid return airwaybill with your documents, in which case the courier service will be able to collect your documents as soon as we confirm they are ready. Alternatively, you can make arrangements with a courier service to collect your documents once you have been informed that they are ready. In this case it is no longer possible to submit a prepaid return airwaybill to us. The courier needs to have the airwaybill upon collecting.
- If your documents will be collected by a courier service, the courier must present an airwaybill in the name of the party(ies) concerned (visa/passport applicant, etc.). The Embassy will not complete or print airwaybills or contact courier services.
- In our experience, the most trustworthy courier services are the following:
- Persons residing in Jamaica should collect their documents at the Embassy. Documents may be collected by another person or by courier service if the Embassy is duly informed (by email only). Persons collecting documents on behalf of the concerned party(ies) must present a valid form of identification.